Workshops and Training
Workshops and Training
Prototype Career Service is a leader in developing and presenting workshops on issues related to job search and career transition, for both job seekers and the professionals who serve them. Choose a standard presentation from one hour to five days in length; or ask Prototype staff to customize a session for your needs. All sessions are augmented with Prototype's exclusive training materials, including handouts, manuals, or titles from the Pocket Job Series.
Prototype staff can present a workshop on nearly any topic related to job search or career transition. Our standard presentations will help any participant get off to a good start. Some of our standard sessions include:
- Job Search Strategies
- Interview Strategies
- Developing Effective Resumes and Cover Letters
- Job Search Using the Hidden Job Market
- Surviving a Layoff
- Managing a Career Transition
- Researching a New Career
In addition to these useful topics, Prototype has developed a number of workshops to address the special needs faced by some job seekers. These hallmark presentations include:
- Selling to Your Strengths: Job Search for Workers Over 40
- Job Search Strategies for Workers in Recovery from Addictions
- StartRight: Small Business Development
- Goal Setting for Personal and Professional Success
- Stress Management During Job Search
- Health Care Careers
- Holiday Job Search Strategies
- Financial Survival Between Jobs
Prototype workshops are especially well-suited for workforce centers, job clubs, welfare-to-work programs, halfway houses, colleges and universities, and others who provide services to job-seekers and career-changers.
To schedule a workshop, or to discuss a customized session, contact us. Fees are based on the length and location of the session.
Prototype is in the business of training vocational counselors and career professionals! Through the Regional Training Institute for Job Search Professionals, founded by Prototype Career Service in 1997, we have trained hundreds of vocational staff. Our professional training workshops also work well for professionals in other fields.
Some of our most popular topics for vocational professionals include:
- Creating Effective Job Search Strategies for the Mature Worker
- Serving Welfare-to-Work Job-Seekers
- Learning to Write and Critique Resumes
- Outreach to Employers: Job Development Techniques
- Marketing Job Search Programs to the Public
- Creating and Maintaining a Successful Job Club
- Counseling Clients through the Stages of Small Business Startup
- Motivating the Burned-Out Job-Seeker
- Developing a Resource Room on Limited Funds
- Identifying Non-Traditional Training Opportunities
- Helping Clients Thrive on the Alternative Job Market
Presentations that work well for staff in any organization include:
- Finding and Following Your Professional Mission
- Survive or Thrive: Meeting the Challenges of a Changing Workplace
- Employee Retention: Learn to Keep the Best
- Personal Goal Setting for Professional Success
Professional training sessions are perfect for staff retreats, annual conferences and company get-togethers where learning needs to take place. To schedule a professional training session, contact us and we will talk with you about your objectives for the session and help you select or customize the best topics for your needs. Fees are based on the length and location of the session.