References are often overlooked or underestimated in the job search process. These are people who have worked with you or for you. You may know them from classes, networking, or volunteering. Some might be personal friends, neighbors, or members of your community. They can speak about you from personal experience, and they know about your personality or work abilities. Many employers will not make hiring decisions before talking with your references.
Be prepared and confident when prospective employers ask you for your references. Early in your job search, let the professionals at Prototype Career Service help you to:
- Determine the optimal people to serve as references for you
- Solicit their support and update them on your job search
- Gather addresses, phone numbers and titles for your references
- Format reference information for professional presentation
- Catalog your references to create customized "mix-and-match" reference pages
- Maintain paper files and computer files for your convenience
All reference work is billed at $145 an hour, computed on the quarter hour. Payment is accepted via cash, check, Discover, Visa, or MasterCard.