Not sure if your resume is serving you well? Considering a change in direction and wondering if your resume will need to be changed too? Perhaps you have a knack for formatting or writing, but not both. A resume critique might be a good option for you. It's less costly than the full resume package, and is especially helpful for people who prefer to type their own resumes or make their own changes.
Submit your existing resume by mail (because we want to see the paper you're using, the formatting, etc.) and Prototype Career Service will provide a concise written critique covering these points:
- Presentation: Paper choice, ink density, length
- Format: Design, use of space, font choice
- Focus: Are the key points being presented clearly?
- Strategy: Is your unique set of skills and experience represented?
- Overall effectiveness: Does this resume represent you well?
- Red flags: Is there anything unflattering on the page?
To submit a resume for critique
We need three things to do your resume critique:
- a paper copy of your resume
- brief answers to a short questionnaire (ex: What kind of job are you looking for?)
- payment at the time of the request. ($195, of which $75 can be applied later to a full resume package)
Send these three items via mail to:
Prototype Career Service
626 Armstrong Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55102